Prospecting is the skill we all need to get really great at. And it is a skill.
And first we have to get over our fear.
Fear of talking to people.
Fear of rejection.
Fear of selling.
Fear of loss of self confidence .
All of these fears are real! It is part of learning skills that set us up for success.
Let’s jump into Prospecting tips that will help us move from fear to posture of engagement and success.
- To get over the fear of talking to people jump into engagement. Use Facebook stories and Instagram stories. Post there. These options are getting really popular so more people are posting there and you will find you are having much more engagement.
Posting your story is one way to get engagement.
But don’t stop there. Engage on other people’s stories.
That is a simple way to start a relationship and for people to start to get to know like and trust you!
And it is does not feel so specific. So it’s a great way to get your feet wet.
2. Master persuasion so that the fear of rejection is no longer scary to you. Because when you master persuasion you have then entered “posture” which Ray Higdon says is when you no longer fear rejection.
When you are in posture, you are aware that you are the gift people are looking for. Once you have that straight, it becomes so much easier to engage.
3. Plant seeds of Simplicity as John Melton says. When you are talking to people about the opportunity, service or product, show how easy it is to access it. How? By showing them step by step.
Once they understand that if you can do it, they can do it, that is a huge battle won.
So you have to be prepared with a plan that works. And then walk each prospect through each step so that they can see how success can happen for them.
And part of the preparation? Is to have a program of follow up and organization and staying in touch!
4. Qualify, qualify, qualify to leave behind fear of rejection! What does that mean? As my mentor Bo Tipton taught us, when we qualify the prospect is already invested.
So what does qualify mean?
It means that we ask questions of intent.
Remember, you are interviewing them for the position of business owner. You want and need to know how invested and interested they are.
Do you have 10 hours per week to give to this?
Are you teachable?
Are you ready today to get started?
Those are qualifying questions. And the reason to use them?
Then we know the person is ready to get started. So always qualify before you send them the link to sign up.
If they say yes then we give them the next step.
If they say “no” you just wish them well.
5. Schedule your day for prospecting. That means you set aside time that you will do nothing except prospecting. No distractions, no scrolling . And then use that time to ask people, are you open to hear about an opportunity if so yes, if not that is great too. All we want is a yes or no!
Hope this was of some value?
If you have any questions, please ask in the comments below.
How are you getting over your own fear of engagement?
In peace and gratitude,
If you need more info on getting engagement, here is a FREE EBOOK that can help you raise your social media engagement.