I think one of the hardest thing about learning how to do business online, is getting past the concept that we are doing business.
And why is that hard?
Because we see the sales signs instead of the people signs!
So knowing that, as John Melton says we have to “release commission breath”.
And although that might bring a chuckle, in reality it is so true yes?
Because when all we can see or be concerned about is making commissions, we have totally missed the point.
What is the point?
So let’s talk about what really needs to happen to get to success and change our mindsets.
Common dilemmas of new Network Marketers:
- Feeling like we are being “too salesy”
- Coming off as inauthentic
- Pitching people too fast
- Spouting way too much information
So what do we do about all of this?
First off, lets get our heads straight.
- Decide this is not your hobby. It is your business. So act like a professional.
- Instead of coming off as inauthentic, be a professional conversation started. AND then listen to the answers.
- Step into being a problem solver. And that comes from asking questions and hearing the answers so you can solve problems. We see success when we help people. Not looking for what they can do for us, but rather what problem can I solve for you. The best problem solvers are the most successful business people.
- Build relationships. Did you know that people buy product when they know like and trust you. Be real so that they can see you instead of the business. So its not about the product, its about you. Are you giving out value? Are you there to solve problems? Are you being compassionate not commission breathed?
So the point is that we are professionals. We are doing this business because we want to solve problems for someone.
And in order to solve a problem we have to know what the problem is.
That is the first step to success. Accepting that we are indeed problem solvers.
We need to know:
- Who is our customer
- What is their pain point?
Once we know these two things, we are no longer in the space of being salesy. Rather we are there because we have a targeted customer who needs a very specific problem solved.
So there you go!
Let go of being salesy.
Be the problem solver.
Let go of commission breath.
Be a professional conversation starter.
And then you are on your way to business success!
I hope this was of value to you?
What have you found as an obstacle to your success? Comment below.
Don’t forget to come say hello on Facebook!
In peace and gratitude,
OH look JUST for you!